- Nursing Summary/Perioperative Plan of Care
- Perinatal Workflow
- Post-Partum Visit Summary
- Newborn Discharge Summary
- Completion of the APR/LDR profiles
- Chronic Care Coordination (under review, final decision in 3 weeks)
We see in these proposals several exciting events for Patient Care Coordination. While we had some communication bobbles on the Chronic Care Coordination profile, we are excited about the fact that this work comes to us from Australia, with the support of others in the UK. Clearly we'll have some time zone challenges, but this will certainly strengthen our domain.
Several new members joined us based on their interested in the Nursing activities, and on the Newborn Discharge summary. We are very excited to be moving into the Pediatric realm. Finally, we expect this year to finalize the work we have been engaged in over the past three years in perinatal care. I see culmination of that work appearing in our first "workflow" profile, which joins many pieces together from multiple IHE domains into a workflow that supports the process of caring for a mother to be.
Finally, this was my first technical meeting where I wasn't a TC cochair. I must admit I did enjoy being able to lay back and watch others put their stamp on PCC, and help us develop new and better processes for communicating amonst ourselves, and with our audiences.
We also confirmed our schedule for the year, below:
- February 1-4, 2010 (Decide Technical Direction of Profiles)
- April 26-29, 2010 (Prepare profiles for public comments)
- July 12-15, 2010 (Prepare profiles for trial implementation)
Finally, we hope to hold an open PCC planning meeting for HIMSS 2010 attendees, where we can tell more providers about what we are doing, and solicit their input. I'll provide more details on that meeting as they solidify, and I hope to see you there.