Monday, January 9, 2012

Good Luck at Connectathon

I'm not going to be at Connectathon this year for the first time in nine years.  Something came up last week, and I need to be here working on other interoperability problems.  I won't be onsite helping people figure out how to record allergies to peanut butter, looking for people in orange shirts (or whatever the color is this year for monitors), or trying to figure out how why my X-ray image isn't displaying in my XDS-I implementation (it was an AE-Title mapping to WADO Server URL problem that time).

I'm going to miss being there.  There are a lot of people there that I only see at IHE events.  I won't get to see the Connectathon Conference (but if you can, you should go!)

I won't be able to take pictures of normally competing vendors working all night long to make sure their systems interoperate.

While I'm certain to get a call or two from the Connectathon floor, I'm actually quite comfortable here.  It's a shame though, because for the first time in 9 years, the weather in Chicago appears as if it's going to be rather mild.

0 comments:

Post a Comment