Thursday, October 24, 2013

An Answer, and a Question

So a decision on templates versioning for CCDA has been finally made.  We'll do the template ID shuffle one more time, and then we'll fix the problem for good afterwards.  It's not the answer that I was looking for, but it is an answer.  I'm wishing we didn't have to go down that pathway, and if I had marshaled the troops available, I'm certain the outcome could have been different, the votes were that close.  That also would have been an obvious abuse of the consensus process, so I'll save that tactic for when it is really needed ;-)

I've been struggling continuously with balancing S&I Framework and HL7 International activities for far too long.  I've been hoping to get someone interested in developing a US Standards Collaborative for quite some time, as it seems that it is really necessary.  But for some reason, I can't seem to get any traction on this.

So let me ask the question, who would be interested in starting a group to investigate formation of said collaborative? Perhaps the first thing we could investigate is what it would take to form an HL7 USA, and discover who might be interested in that.

If you have some interest, leave a note here, or e-mail me.  You can find my contact information here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment