Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The best acts of coordination are invisible

Have you ever been in a room when someone talked about a project they were working on and you pointed them to someone they should talk to, or introduced them, or told them about some other activity they should connect with?

Did someone ever ask you a question that you didn't know the answer to, but went and found it for them?

Have you ever told someone about a project that they might (or should) be interested in?

After making the connection, did you walk away and let nature take its course?

I cannot tell you how many times I've been on either end of that transaction, and how valuable it has been. Often these are small investments of time, and sometimes they pay off big.  My career wouldn't be where it is today for the countless acts like these from many individuals I sometimes find difficult to remember, and sometimes I do recall how deeply I am indebted to that person.

These are invisible acts of coordination, and for those, I thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment