Greetings IHE Members,
The PCC Domain will be extending the Call for Proposal deadline through October 16, 2015. Interested parties are invited to submit a brief proposal (form attached) for new IHE Profiles and/or White Papers to be considered for development in the new Publication Cycle.
IHE International's New Membership Model Effective October 1, 2015
Effective October 1, 2015, IHE International is moving to a new fee-based membership. To ensure your organization can participate and advocate their proposal throughout the entire Planning and Development Cycle please read the information provided at the end of this email. Contact email@example.com to renew today.
All Proposals must follow the structure and format of the attached Brief IHE Proposal Template, specifically addressing the following:
- What is the problem you propose to solve by this proposal, and how is that problem expressed in practice (e.g., a use case)?
- How would fixing this problem improve health care in practice?
- What specific components of standards could be used to solve this problem?
- Your proposal should identify one or more potential editor(s) in the event that the proposal is selected for further evaluation and possible development. Please include some indication of the business and/or clinical case surrounding the situation when describing the problem. For example, is there an economic motivation for addressing this problem immediately?
- Watch the online webinar to learn more about submitting a proposal and the proposal process.
Summary of IHE's Multi-Phase Proposal Process
Submit Brief Proposals by September 26, 2015
The PCC Domain will consider all proposals submitted through October 16, 2015. Submit a Brief Proposal with the attached form to the domain email listed below.
PCC Planning Committee
Planning Committee's Proposal Review Webinars- Decision Meetings
Webinars are held during the last weeks of September thru early October. All Proposal authors are required to present a 15 min. summary of their Brief Proposal on one of these Webinars. Exact dates will be announced in September. Please anticipate participating on 1-3 webinars. These Webinars will be decision meetings and count towards retaining/obtaining active voting rights.
2015-2016 Planning Proposal Evaluation Kickoff
RSVP Today! October 22-23, 2015 in Oakbrook, IL
We urge those who submit proposals or white papers to attend the Planning Proposal Evaluation Kickoff Meeting in person or phone. In-person advocacy has proven to be the most effective way to ensure your brief proposal are understood and accepted by the committee.
2015-2016 Technical Committee Proposal Evaluation Meeting
Save the Date! The week of November 12-13, 2015 in Oakbrook, IL. Proposals that are accepted at the Planning Proposal Evaluation Kickoff Meeting will be required to write and present a detailed proposal during the Technical Proposal Evaluation Meeting.
Help Promote IHE Call for Proposals
All IHE members and industry partners are invited to share this announcement with their committee mailing lists and other interested parties. Additional information is maintained on the IHE Wiki.
IHE International Membership Updates
- Organizational members that have not paid their annual membership fee will be unable to actively participate in committee activities effective October 1, 2015. Upon payment of membership, organizational members can participate in IHE International and restore voting rights. Historical voting rights will be re-instated after payment is made and pending that the member organization has met the attendance requirements outlined in Section 10.2.6 of the IHE Principles of Governance.
- Only current paid IHE International members are permitted to work on the development of IHE Profiles and Technical Frameworks. Membership will be required for the following events or activities:
- All face-to-face planning and technical meetings
- Weekly committee teleconferences and meetings
- Committee votes
- Documentation and editing of IHE International's Profiles and Technical Frameworks
- Non-members can participate in the following ways:
- May occasionally participate in committee meetings as observers, at the discretion of the committee co-chairs. Must complete Request for Observer Status at IHE Domain Committee Meeting form at least five working days prior to any specific meeting you wish to attend.
- Provide feedback during the Public Comment phase
We look forward to working with you during the IHE 2016-2017 Publication Cycle. Please contact Nancy Ramirez at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions or need further assistance.
Coordinator, Informatics & IHE Liaison
33 West Monroe Street, Suite 1700|Chicago, IL 60603