Monday, September 25, 2017

In my Inbox

This morning I received a long not necessarily relevant announcement to email list I don't remember subscribing to, followed by 30 replies. The replies are all from relatively educated people, many of whom know better, and are summarized below for your reading amusement:

R1: Please remove me from this list
R2: Hi R2, R3 did not send this to you ...
R3: I am not R2
R4: Please respond to the person/s directly and not send a reply to all
R5: Please remove me from all future emails concerning this program
R6: I find reply all useful when unsure who the admin is.
R7: Must you use "reply to all"
R8: Meme "Reply All"
R9: For God's sake everybody -- quit hitting 'reply all' ...
R10: Please remove me as well.
R11: The same here.
R12: This is officially ridiculous. Can everyone stop replying to all these emails?
R13: Same
R14: I don’t know what this email is either and I certainly did not send it out. Please remove me as well.
R15: Hitting reply on the original message only sends the message to the person who sent the email which should be the admin of the list.
R8: Good luck, R3! Keep me posted on the outcome.
R17: Please remove me from your list...
R8: Who's on first?
R20: You guys realize by replying all and asking people to stop replying all that you're just part of the problem, right?...
R21: I just became an Ohio State fan…
R22: I don’t know why I am on this list, so please remove me as well, whoever the admin is.
R23: And good Lord, people, there’s a contact email in the body of the original message:______
Although I must say this has been highly entertaining and a big improvement over the typical Monday.
R24: Please remove me from this list.
R25: Please remove me from this list. Thank you!
R26: Dear whomever, I already have <degree>.  I need <job>...
R27: 
R28: Me too (in reply to me too).
R29: It appears the original email came from ____. Please direct your request to her alone...
R30: Sorry R?, but hitting reply to all just fills our inboxes with garbage.

    ... and still going ...

P.S. My e-mail is simply going to point to this blog post and ask everyone to comment here.

1 comment: