Monday, June 28, 2021

Help Adrian Get Treatment

I'm asking this at the request of my eldest adult child, going by Aeowolfe these days.  Some of you may have met him a few years back or seen him help me out in some videos for Health IT in the past.

My eldest child's partner has been suffering from chronic pain since mid-2017.  The onset of the disease occurred while they were at College were my eldest met them.  Since then, they lost the support of their family, have subsequently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, hypermobility disorder (similar to Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, only missing direct family member diagnosis to match the clinical criteria), and endometriosis.  Our family has been providing support in various ways, including helping them get signed up for Mass Health and disability through Social Security (which took over 3 years to get to).

They've found a treatment plan they think will help (Ketamine-Lydocaine transfusions), but they cannot afford them at their present income, and insurance doesn't yet cover this treatment because it is new (there have been several clinical trials with positive results).  So my eldest has started a gofundme for Adrian.  If you are able and willing to contribute you will have both my thanks, and that of my eldest.



0 comments:

Post a Comment