- My next doctor will probably be male.
I'm a guy, and while the idea of a doctor who is female might be titillating, it would also be very distracting.
- My next doctor will probably be tall and handsome.
I'm going to need to trust this person pretty quickly, and rely on them quite a bit, so they need to appeal to me visually. What can I say, I'm human.
- He'll probably not be ginger.
Even among the Irish the odds are against that. Just sayin'
- More importantly, my next doctor will be there when I need him.
Life doesn't happen on a schedule.
- I'll be able to reach him easily.
My doctor will certainly be no more than a cell-phone call away, but I also expect his systems will allow me to access him through any communications media.
- He'll have access to a plethora of technology I don't understand.
Fortunately, he'll be able to explain it simply.
- But he'll be able to figure most things out using just one or two simple tools.
- He'll be able to adapt technology to his own use.
- He'll have had a LOT of experiences.
- He'll be brilliant.
- He'll be enthusiastic about his work.
As I read back through these, my requirements for my doctor pretty much match my expectations for my next Doctor. Hmm. I guess he is pretty well-named.