Convert your FHIR JSON -> XML and back here. The CDA Book is sometimes listed for Kindle here and it is also SHIPPING from Amazon! See here for Errata.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Tools You Have

The other day I walked my youngest daughter home from school.  I would have ridden save that my eldest forgot to return my car keys (which also have my motorcycle key), and so I had to walk.  This isn't really a big deal, as school is only a mile or so away.  If you Google map the drive, it's either 1.2 or 1.4 miles.  However, if you walk it the way my daughter does, it's only a mile, and coming from school, mostly all downhill.  There's a slightly longer route that takes about 1.1 miles, but is much more level.  She takes that route in sometimes, especially when biking, and the other route home.  When I drive, I have to go one of the longer ways, and the way I take varies by time of day to avoid rush-hour traffic.

This just goes to show how the tools that you have (be it a hammer or a screw driver or a motorcycle or your own feet) influence what you can do easily.  It's something to be aware of when planning your interoperable solutions, especially when a variety of different tools are readily available.


Post a Comment