Convert your FHIR JSON -> XML and back here. The CDA Book is sometimes listed for Kindle here and it is also SHIPPING from Amazon! See here for Errata.

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Finding the problem is ONLY the first step

There's something just not right with this model. I don't know what it is, but ... It niggles at the back of my brain. It doesn't work.  It's missing these properties that I expect, but I don't know how to get them out of it, or bake them into it.  And I should... it's just math.

I fuss and fight with it, and finally, I see what I'm missing. It should have been obvious all along.  I no longer wonder about what is wrong with the model, but now have to go and fix it.  I don't know how to do that yet, but I know where I can go find out.

Sometimes finding out what the problem doesn't immediately lead to a solution, but it's a good first start. Now to go find some more magic smoke.

    -- Keith

P.S. Technology is just like normal stuff this way.  The other day I headed out for an appointment, but the bike wouldn't start (and my eldest had the truck). It's cold out I thought... battery probably needs to be put on the trickle charger these days.  So I was going to roll it down the driveway and start it that way, but it wouldn't roll easily.  Thinking I was in gear, I turned the key on (there was enough juice to operate the controls, just not enough to start it), but was in neutral.  I checked more closely, and sure enough the rear tire was flat.  Must be a slow leak I thought, have to fix that, let's grab the compressor to put air in it.  Picked up the compressor and the handle broke off the plastic hose.  So I cancelled my appointment, fixed the compressor, started to put air in the tire, found that air was leaking out the valve stem.  Tried to find a valve stem online, failed.  Called the shop, they explained that the valve is attached to the tube (not a tubeless tire as I'd though), and so I arranged for them to come get it and replace the tube.  I could do it myself, but I got other stuff people pay me to fix (like the problem above) so that I can pay others to fix my stuff.


Post a Comment