Monday, February 1, 2016

There is still good in me!

The tag line to this comes from a joke where a long-time friend of mine upon being transferred from Engineering to Product Management claimed that he was going over to the dark side.  I have a weird dual role in that I'm reporting up through the engineering line, but matrixed into product management.  So, I haven't gone over to the dark side completely!

In some ways, I feel like one of the very rare gray Wizards of Recluce, who must carefully walk between two worlds. The challenge for the main character in that story was to learn how to look at things differently from either perspective did normally so as to manage much more than could be done from either perspective alone.

I'm still getting settled in, and until I do, I expect to be spending a good deal more time on the dark than the light.  I hope you'll bear with me until I discover that middle way.


0 comments:

Post a Comment