Convert your FHIR JSON -> XML and back here. The CDA Book is sometimes listed for Kindle here and it is also SHIPPING from Amazon! See here for Errata.

Thursday, June 9, 2016

In the Rough

The thing I like about coding is that at its best, it is a fluid way to solve problems.  The best code to work on is the crux of a solution.  The scaffolding is boring.  The shell and outer layers is finish work.  I can do a craftsman-like job on it, but frankly it is boring.  The fun is in figuring out some new way to solve a tough problem, and what I really like to work on is the heart of the problem.

I think the most fun for me is teasing out the solution.  Often I feel as if I can see in my minds eye how the solution is hidden behind or within a rough crystaline structure.  I look at it, pick it up, turn it, shine light on it from different directions, see which way shadows are cast and more.  At some stage, I catch just a wee glimpse at the right angle, and that narrows down some options.

Eventually, I see just enough to know where to put the knife, and cut.  And cut again.  When I started I had only a small clue of the basic shape, but when I finish ...

Image via Smithsonian.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment