CDC Vocabulary and Messaging team announces an upcoming, free web seminar series about CDC Vocabulary Server (PHIN VADS) that supports the distribution and implementation of vocabularies associated with public health Meaningful Use (MU) measures and the HL7 messaging implementation guides.
PHIN VADS application can be accessed at http://phinvads.cdc.gov
Mark the Dates:
- November 30th, 2010 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. EasternVADS Content and Application Overview.Teleconference and LiveMeeting link: http://www.phconnect.org/events/phin-vads-content-application
- December 2nd, 2010, 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. EasternVADS Application Integration and Web Services Overview for DevelopersTeleconference and LiveMeeting link: http://www.phconnect.org/events/phin-vads-application
- Dec 3rd, 2010, 1 p.m.to 2:30 p.m. EasternVADS value set authoring tool for value set creators and quality measure developers.Teleconference and LiveMeeting link: http://www.phconnect.org/events/phin-vads-value-set-authoring
To keep the seminars at a manageable size, though, we maintain a maximum number of 99 simultaneous participants logging-on during any seminar.
CDC Vocabulary and Messaging team has launched a new collaborative workspace for PHIN VADS in Public Health Connect (phConnect). This online forum will facilitate the adoption of vocabulary and messaging standards as well as collaboration between value set developers, quality measure developers, implementers, messaging analysts, public health departments, vendors, SDOs and CDC Vocabulary and Messaging team. PHIN VADS workgroup is one of the workgroups of public health Vocabulary and Messaging Community of Practice (VMCoP).
Please visit the PHIN VADS forum online at http://www.phconnect.org/group/phinvads to discuss any PHIN VADS value set development and implementation issues. This forum also includes all the resources related to VADS application and content.
CDC Vocabulary and Messaging team has recently provided testimony to Office of National Coordinator (ONC) Federal Health IT standards committee vocabulary task force regarding the vocabulary development and PHIN VADS value set distribution.
CDC PHIN VADS Testimony hyperlinks to Federal Health IT website:
- One Stop Shop for Meaningful Use Vocabulary -Sept 1st, 2010 (Written Transcript, Audio)
- Best Practices and Lessons Learned: Vocabulary Infrastructure - March 23rd, 2010 (Written Transcript, Audio)
Please contact the CDC Vocabulary and Messaging team at PHINVS@CDC.GOV if you have any questions about PHIN VADS or the webinar series.
CDC Vocabulary and Messaging Team