Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The next Ad Hoc Award will never be repeated ...

Long time readers of this blog probably understand the rules.  For new readers, it's very simple.  I am the sole arbiter and judge.  There is no nominating committee, but nominations are certainly welcome.  I won't award more than one a year for the same kind of service (and since this nominee is unique, I'm certain that won't be an issue).  I try to keep the number of awardees to five per year (no reason, as I said, the rules are arbitrary).  In general I try to give awards to folks who would not otherwise be recognized for their contributions.  One tradition is that I have given out an award on the same day that the HL7 Ed Hammond awards are announced.  Not so much to compete, but more to build on a trend.

I don't see how the current award possibly could be duplicated; ever.  As I mentioned previously, I just finished reading Ten Faces of Innovation.  This next recipient is a collaborator extra-ordinaire, but even more importantly a story teller of unsurpassed skill in both word and deed.  I first learned about this individual when I watched the HHS announcement of the Meaningful Use regulation.  This awardee has done a great deal to raise the awareness of Health IT to patients across this country, and even Internationally.  Their work has seen HL7 appear in circles that nobody would ever expect.

Without further ado, I proudly welcome the next recipient:

This certifies that 
Regina Holliday, Patient Advocate and Artist


Has hereby been recognized for outstanding contributions to the forwarding of Healthcare Standardization through Art.

Regina, welcome to "The Riding Gallery".

For those of you who don't know Regina, see her blog for some truly amazing story telling in both art and print.  I'm a very proud member of The Walking Gallery which she created to raise awareness of patient needs.  Her work was recently featured on the cover of The Illustrator's Journal.  If you look closely at the upper right hand corner, you can see a reference to HL7.  If you happen to be at HL7 this week, and want to see an example of her art, I'll be wearing it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment