Sunday, January 15, 2017

The FHIR $relevant Query

So I finally got my implementation of the "$everything" query working on my HAPI Server.  I started this at the FHIR Connectathon whilst waiting for people to hit my server.  It was in response to a need I had to generate a f***-ton of sample data in FHIR for testing and documentations.

Basically I have a code generator that reads FHIR profiles.  It's smart enough to assist me in producing some cool stuff.  After I got done, I wondered what I should do with it.

Given that this week we are closing in on the Relevant and Pertinent ballot, I think I'll just throw it away (just kidding ... I'll keep it around for debugging purposes), but I think the next query I build will be the "$relevant" one.

Here's my initial take on what that might look like:
Allergies = any active allergies.
Conditions = any that have been active in the last 30 days
Medications = any that have been active in the last 30 days, or any that were discontinued for lack of effect or toleration.
Labs = Most recent result of any lab type in last year.
Procedures = last year history and any currently scheduled
Vitals = most recent set
Immunizations = Last year for non-pediatric patients, otherwise all.
Encounters = any upcoming and last 90 days.

What's missing here is probably the most recent clinical impression.

-- Keith

0 comments:

Post a Comment