Friday, March 1, 2019

AllOfUs

Today I scheduled my intake appointment as a participant in the AllOfUs program.  My PCP is the PI for their efforts with AllOfUs in the group practice that I use in central Massachusetts, and so I signed up to participate this morning.

It took me about 15 minutes to sign up.  The consent process was very well done, and very well written, in quite understandable language.  I'd guess the reading level of the content was around 6-7th grade, but was also a highly accurate representation of what the program is doing, which takes quite a bit of work if you've ever had to do that sort of writing.

The surveys took me another 10 minutes to complete and were especially easy since I'd already seen them having read through the protocol previously.

What surprised me was getting a call from my practice to schedule the appointment, but my sense is, they are already very engaged in this effort (I was to have participated as a patient representative in their outreach program, but was unable to attend the initial meeting due to battery problems with my motorcycle).  That was cool, and took about 5 minutes.

I'm looking forward to see how the program operates from the patient perspective, especially since some of the standards work I'm engaged in now can help refine it from the research perspective later.

   Keith

0 comments:

Post a Comment