Convert your FHIR JSON -> XML and back here. The CDA Book is sometimes listed for Kindle here and it is also SHIPPING from Amazon! See here for Errata.

Monday, December 20, 2010

On paper.li and hcsm

Like many in the Blogosphere, I use a collection of tools to help publicize this blog and other interesting information I find online.  One of those tools is paper.li.  Some folks seem to like paper.li and others don't.

For:  It's a nice collection of stuff that ___ reads.  I can read it all at once.  I don't have to click the link to see what it is about.

Against:  Too many ____ Daily's tweets and retweets just add junk tweets to twitter. 

The most recent complaint goes a bit deeper.  It's about how paper.li redirects ad revenue to paper.li's ad content instead of the original publisher.

I like to use paper.li because it automatically aggregates what the people I'm following are reading and I read my own front page that it creates for me every day.  I see stuff I wouldn't otherwise see because I don't have time to click on the tweeter's link that was posted.

It also organizes the tweets by topic, although that clearly needs more work.  I find it rather odd what gets put where some days.  Organization of tweets and links by hashtag are the most valuable to me.  Other tabs are not clearly as good.

I don't like the tabs, because I'd rather scroll through one long page than use tabs (it's quicker or at least feels that way).

I don't worry about ad content.  Paper.li provides a valuable service, and for that, I'm willing to put up with their ads.  They are at least pertinent.  Also, if I want all the details on an article, when I click through, I'll get the original ads that were posted with the article.  Paper.li doesn't usually include the full content of a post unless its mostly a graphic or video.  In that case, I suppose there might be an issue for creators of rich media content, but that's not typically an issue for most of what I read.

I like what Paper.li does for this blog-site, for my twitter presence, and for my readers.  What do you think about it?