Do you want to shape the official recommendations made to ONC about the readiness of Exchange specifications to be adopted nationally?
Well - here is your chance! It is imperative that the HIT Standards Committee hears from you. There is only 1 day left to comment.
Please take a minute and respond to a few short questionsby 5 pm ET on 12/15 by:
- Posting comments here - http://healthit.hhs.gov/blog/faca/ - under HITSC input on Exchange Specifications; OR
- E-mail your responses to: ONC.email@example.com - with “NwHIN Power Team” in the subject line.
I cannot emphasize enough how important it is for you to comment.
Key questions to address (please respond to some or all) - 1-4, 10, 11 and 13.
1. Please identify yourself, your organization, and your position within the organization.
2. When did your organization implement the Exchange specifications?
3. Why did your organization implement the Exchange specifications? Are the functional capabilities that Exchange provides adequate for your current and expected information-exchange purposes?
4. Which Exchange specifications did you implement?
10. Did you implement these specifications as prescribed, or did you make some adjustments for your environment? If the latter, what adjustments did you make at the time of initial implementation or have you made since? Were these adjustments made through bilateral agreements or did they apply to all participants in your exchange?
11. How easy or difficult were the Exchange specifications to understand, interpret, and implement? Compared to other service-oriented implementations you’ve been involved with, was Exchange easier, harder, or about the same level of complexity?
13. How many hours of technical time did the project entail before reaching full interoperability?