Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The nice thing about standards...

... is not that there are so many of them, but rather, like the weather, if you wait long enough, they will change.

I have been involved in CDA Standardization efforts nationally in the US and Internationally for nearly a decade now.  My first CDA implementation was on CDA Release 1.0 in  2003.  I was first involved in the final round of balloting on CDA Release 2.0 in 2004.  I edited my first CDA implementation guide in 2005 (CRS Release 1).  I wrote my first CDA Profile in IHE also in 2005, and that was XDS-MS.  I helped develop CCD in 2006 and early 2007.  I was also editor for the IHE XPHR profile in 2007.  I was also the first editor (and remained in an editorial position for all subsequent editions) for the HITSP C32 created in 2006, and which was revised 5 times after from 2007 - 2010.  IHE XPHR was also revised again in 2008.  I was also one of many editors for the Consolidated CDA in 2011.

Over the past eight years, I've watched the standard change and improve, and impressed by how far we have come.  For CCDA Release 2.0, I took some time off in any sort of editing role, but am still involved and working on how to make it better.  The HL7 ballot closes next week.

   Keith



0 comments:

Post a Comment