Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Running for HL7 Chair?

HL7 is in the process of nominating candidates for a Chair to replace the previously elected chair who had to step down for personal reasons.  We are in the middle of a 45 day nominating period.  I was informed today that I had been nominate.  I was very complimented to receive that nomination, however, I had to decline THIS time.

I'm in the middle of a degree program, and need to devote additional cycles to that.  There wouldn't be any "transition year" as chair-elect in this cycle, because the incoming chair would take office immediately, and in the midst of some very important activities, including moving forward with the Internationalization of the organization.  So, not this time.

However, later this year (in May), there will be a second round of nominations for Chair continuing the normal cycle, and I will stand for nomination at that time.  That cycle will include an opportunity for a year as Chair-Elect, and I believe that I will be able to manage my work and education responsibilities along with that role.

So, to whoever nominated me, I thank you, but I'm not quite ready for that yet.  But, I will be very soon.

   Keith

0 comments:

Post a Comment