Friday, January 7, 2011

I'm off to see the Wizard in Aus.

Actually, that about one of twenty different things I'll be up to over the next two weeks.  I won't list them all, but some include:

  1. I'll be attending the HL7 Working Group meeting in Sydney Australia.
  2. I'll be attending my first HL7 Board Meeting
  3. I'll have my last HL7 Structured Documents meeting as Cochair (I'll just be a committee member after Monday).
  4. I'll teaching classes on CCD, IHE XDS and CDA, and a workshop on how to develop an IHE profile
  5. I'll be attending my 7th IHE Connectathon.
  6. I'll be attending my first Connectathon Conference, where I will be presenting on development of IHE profiles.
  7. I'll be preparing materials for two sessions I'll be teaching for a John's Hopkins Informatic's program.
  8. I'll be reviewing meaningful use phase 2 proposals and related regulation as it arrives.
  9. I'll be preparing two presentations I'll be giving later this year at HIMSS11, one on social media, and another on development of IHE profiles (can you see a theme here)?
  10. I'll be promoting The CDA Book, now available for pre-order from my very own bookstore.
You can look forward to a week of blog posts from the HL7 Syndey WGM next week on what's new from HL7.  In the following week, expect a week's worth of posting on the IHE North American Connectathon.

I hope to see many of you in my (and your) travels in the coming weeks.

Oh, yeah, and the Wizard?  That's @omowizard.  I'm hoping we can cook up some interesting magic with respect to healthcare standards.

   Keith

P.S.  For those of you who've asked:  The manuscript is only available to educational institutions looking to review the book for use as a text in Informatics or Health IT classes.  Sorry, no early copies...  I'd love to get them to you sooner, but I just can't.

0 comments:

Post a Comment